In preparation for your upcoming procedure, please take note of the following:
Things you should do:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- If you must cancel, please call at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please give us a call before your appointment if you develop any cold, flu, sore throat or other symptoms of illness.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and a shirt with sleeves. Do not wear tight-fitting or binding clothes.
- Empty your bladder immediately prior to your appointment.
- Remove your contact lenses or glasses prior to surgery.
- You may take prescribed medication the morning of surgery (unless told otherwise by your doctor) with a small sip of water.
Things you should NOT do:
- Do not take any narcotic pain medication or sedatives prior to your appointment.
- Do not wear valuable jewelry to your appointment.
- Do not plan any strenuous activities for at least 48 to 72 hours following your procedure.
Please note the following instructions if you are undergoing IV sedation:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your appointment.
- You must bring an escort with you who can drive you home after the appointment. We will not allow you to drive a vehicle.*
*Your driver/escort must stay in the waiting room until your surgery is completed.