In preparation for your upcoming procedure, please take note of the following:
THINGS YOU SHOULD DO:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- If you must cancel, please call at least 48 hours in advance.
- Please give us a call before your appointment if you develop any cold, flu, sore throat or other symptoms of illness.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and a shirt with sleeves. Do not wear tight-fitting or binding clothes.
- Empty your bladder immediately prior to your appointment.
- Remove your contact lenses or glasses prior to surgery.
- You may take prescribed medication the morning of surgery (unless told otherwise by your doctor) with a small sip of water.
THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO:
- Do not take any narcotic pain medication or sedatives prior to your appointment.
- Do not wear valuable jewelry to your appointment.
- Do not plan any strenuous activities for at least 48 to 72 hours following your procedure.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU ARE UNDERGOING IV SEDATION:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your appointment.
- You must bring an escort with you who can drive you home after the appointment. We will not allow you to drive a vehicle.*